Tuesday, August 26, 2014

She's Really Done It Now ...

No JobI'm such a lucky guy - and so very thankful to have the girl of my dreams in my life.  And she's really done it now ...

You see, money has been real tight for us, while I have not been doing any real estate deals and we are both trying to figure out how to move forward with our Awesome Lifestyle Design.  We both have a tendency to be interested in a lot of different things and can kind of get distracted ...  too easily distracted.

SO, in a moment of temporary insanity I actually decided to get a job.
 Getting a J.O.B. (just over broke for the uninitiated) has been very difficult for me over the last couple of years - probably because there is not a huge demand for 51 year old guys with no real skills.  But in the last couple of years I have discovered that I can SELL, which there is quite a bit of demand for.  One of the most difficult jobs one can do is being a traveling sales person - it just takes a lot of energy and focus to be able to be on the road selling - no matter what the product is or who the customers are.

The worst part about being a traveling sales person is being on the road away from your family.  I've not been real happy about the prospects of doing that again - especially since Stacia and I were just engaged to be married a couple of months ago.

But bills need to be paid, groceries need to be purchased and we have a wedding coming up next year (and a long ago scheduled trip to Hawaii in October).  So I decided to get a J.O.B. and identified a good solid company with a good established product that I could go on the road to sell for.  I'm very close to getting a job offer, but in talking with Stacia about it, I decided to do something that I've never done before in my life.  I gave another person the power to choose for me.  Ok - maybe I've let others pick what movie we're going to watch, or possibly toppings on a pizza, but never something like accepting a job or not.

I told her she has the power to decide and gave her a couple of days to think about it.  Not even two hours later, the decision had already been made.  She didn't want me to accept it - or leave town next week - or reschedule our trip to the islands.  She wants to keep me close.  To Stacia it is more important for me to be here with her, than it is to have money.

That said, she also keeps pushing for us to continue to create our new life together, with location independent incomes and our Awesome Lifestyle Design.  It's not too fun struggling through the first stages of starting a business, living with no money and struggling to get by - but at the same time, it is extremely motivating and exciting.  And helping me focus on what is important.

I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment